[TxMt] Re: getbundles problem

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Mar 22 20:42:40 UTC 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 6:25 PM, Achilleas Lazarides wrote:

> The console only says
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle/Support/getBundles.rb:1143: warning: Insecure world writable dir ~/Library/Application Support in PATH, mode 040706

Hmm, this indicates that your dir '~/Library/Application Support' has the wrong permissions set. It should only have read/write/execute right of the user. To change this you can use the Finder or the Terminal command:

chmod og-w ~/Library/Application Support

This could explain why GetBundles stalls here, but not in line 1143. Do you have the latest version 1.2 (look into GetBundles' Console Drawer first line)

> After I try to use GetBundles and fail, if I then quit TextMate, a ruby process stays running until I kill that too.

Hmm, if something went wrong you can kill GetBundles via Bundles > GetBundles > Close Dialog.

Which TextMate version plus SupportFolder version(write into an empty TM win: cat "$TM_SUPPORT_PATH/version" and press ^R) do you have?

I have TM Version 1.5.9 (1589)  and 11850

--Hans