[TxMt] Re: Magento User Poll

Mario "Kuroir" Ricalde mario at ricalde.org
Fri Mar 19 00:49:32 UTC 2010

Excellent, I'm almost as advanced as you are. I wrote a parser with tokenizer that does everything you're doing including inheritance, but I didn't have enough time to finish it. As soon as I'm done with my work I'll probably do finish it.

Currently my parser stores, variables, visibility, classes, inheritance, methods, default attributes, phpdocs and constants. The cache methods are ready; the output is an array, and it's stored into a file for later reading.

Tell me when you have a public version of your addon so I can check it out! :) Maybe we can help each other.

On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Timothy Rhodes wrote:

> I use the auto complete dialog.
>
> I have a cacher I wrote. Magento is too slow to parse the files everytime. 5K classes with a base install. I use php's token_get_all to grab the tokens of a file and then I just cache the tokens I'm interested in. The caching process takes about 30 seconds.
>

> <screenshot.png>
>
> The classes would be something like Mage_MoneyBookers_Model_Abstract, I have to make the class names lower case and remove the mage and model on the fly.
>
> Timothy
>

> On Mar 18, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Mario Kuroir Ricalde wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a autocompletion intellisense (code aware) bundle; maybe my work can help you out,  do you use DIALOG for displaying the autocompletion options? or you use pure snippets?
>>
>> On Mar 18, 2010, at 1:49 PM, Timothy Rhodes wrote:
>>
>>> I'm working on a magento bundle. It is currently on github and getbundles can install it.
>>>
>>> so of my work has over lapped with the php completion bundle but some has not.
>>>
>>> The php completion bundle won't be able to auto complete for Mage::getSingleton('catalog/product');
>>>
>>> Since in magento you use the factory pattern a lot I build my own bundle. What I'm looking for is how many users use magento and what features of a bundle would they like?
>>>
>>> The current bundle does the following:
>>> 1. Auto complete for classes used in factory methods aka Mage::getSingleton({the classes here});
>>> 2. Takes you to a definition of a class
>>> 3. Tab trigger for <?php echo $this->__('$1'); ?>$0
>>>

>>> The next version will do:
>>> 1. Show parent inheritance (80% done)
>>> 2. Auto complete for the Mage class (100% done)