[TxMt] bibtex error

Derek Van Ittersum derek.vanittersum at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:00:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm new to textmate (evaluating it) and bibtex and tex, so my question may
be of the newbie variety.

I've got bibdesk working ok, and was able to add citations to my document
using the BibDeskTMCompletions tool.  But, when I run Bibtex from the LaTex
bundle menu, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File
"/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py",
line 471, in tsDirs = find_TEX_directives() File
"/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py",
line 306, in find_TEX_directives startDir = os.path.dirname(texfile) File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/posixpath.py",
line 119, in dirname i = p.rfind('/') + 1 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object
has no attribute 'rfind'

I'm guessing it's some problem with an environment variable or something.
Or maybe some python problem?  I'm a bit out of my league here, but eager to
learn.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Derek