[TxMt] Re: PHP Smart Code Completion (a.k.a Intellisense)

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Mon Mar 1 13:33:38 UTC 2010

On 1 Mar 2010, at 13:29, Mario Ricalde wrote:

> I've been working on a PHP Smart Autocompletion / Intellisense for Textmate and I though I would ask a couple of questions to any PHP Developer interested on the idea:
>
> 1. Would you like smart code completion to work only on the included files or in the current project?

Whole project.  FlashDevelop have got this kind of thing right, if you could use that as a model then you'd have an amazing plugin.

> 2. What Frameworks for PHP do you use with textmate?

If you can get point 1 right then this doesn't matter.

> 3. Do you mind if the bundle creates an extra hidden folder to cache the parsed code?

For me, no.  Provided there was an option to clear that cache somehow.

> When I say Smart Autocompletion, I mean it'll know your classes inheritance, how you call them, the scope, etc.

FlashDevelop goes even further with this, parsing JavaDoc style comments and using them as tooltips in the autocomplete.  Very handy.

--
Sent from my email program on my computer sitting on my desk in my house.
http://playr.co.uk/