[TxMt] Re: Running GUI Python Apps

Mon Jun 14 20:45:29 UTC 2010

On 10 Jun 2010, at 18:55, Donald Curtis wrote:

> [...] I have a problem running Python scripts that run graphical
> interfaces.  Namely I have a Tkinter app that works from the command
> line but when it runs the python icon just bounces on the dock and
> it just sits there.

This is likely caused by the interactive input library we inject into
processes spawned from TM with ⌘R and friends.

This library makes it possible for TextMate to bring up a requester
when the process reads from stdin, but there are some compatibility
problems with some apps on Snow Leopard.

You can set the environment variable TM_INTERACTIVE_INPUT_DISABLED in
TextMate’s preferences (or delete the dylib in the Support folder
that GetBundles checks out, but that’s then what you need to repeat
after each update).