[TxMt] Re: Synctex problem

Austen Lamacraft austen at virginia.edu
Thu Jun 10 19:12:19 UTC 2010

I believe I may have identified the problem that I was having the other day.
TextMate checks for synctex using texmate.py, which asks if the DEFAULT
pdflatex engine knows about synctex. Even though I had changed TextMate's
PATH variable to include /usr/texbin before the Fink version that I had
before, my personal PATH variable still pointed to the Fink version. After I
put  /usr/texbin version ahead of it in .profile, it works fine.

Strangely, despite the system wide TeX distribution being set to TeXLive in
system preferences, pdflatex from the command line still uses the Fink
version.

Austen