[TxMt] Re: Pointing TM's ri / rdoc lookup at a non-standard directory

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Sat Jun 5 13:10:45 UTC 2010

On 6/5/10 3:55 AM, Robert Poor wrote:

> In my development machine I have carefully built versions of ruby
> 1.9.1, rails, ri, rdoc, all of my gems, etc in a sandboxed directory
> (~/Development/Ruby/bin/*), and I've left the Mac OS X standard
> distributions alone.

 Try adding that directory (probably better with its real name, i.e.,
not using the tilde, but /Users/whatever/Development/Ruby/bin/) to your
PATH variable inside TextMate's Preferences/Advanced/Shell Variables
tab, in front of whatever you already have. If there is no entry yet,
use whatever “echo $PATH” says inside a terminal session where your ri
command works.

> echo $PATH^r =>
> /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/
> CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS:/usr/local/git/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/

 Right. Don't forget to include the directories including
/Applications/TextMate.app/ into whatever new PATH definition you set.

HTH,
	Christopher