[TxMt] Re: Can TextMate 1.5.9 (r1510) be used with Mac OS X 10.6.4?

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Wed Jul 21 16:22:45 UTC 2010

I'd also add that I think Mac software is far more capable of running on various versions of the OS than Linux.  Forward compatibility seems to be the norm...I still have an app that I download back in the 10.1 days that hasn't been updated since, and it still runs fine on 10.6.4.

Usually the only limitations are when the software depends on frameworks and capabilities introduced with a specific OS, and those tend to be the major releases (e.g., 10.5 or 10.6, but not 10.6.3 or 10.6.4).