[TxMt] Re: R Bundle Bug

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Fri Jan 22 13:46:31 UTC 2010

On 21 Jan 2010, at 18:28, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>> The problem code is patched below. I use MacPorts' "R", which does
>> not match the "/Lib.*" regexp. Instead, it should match "/opt/local/
>> lib/R/bin/exec/R". Any other patch should work as well.
>
> your're the first who installed R in a different location. But I
> agree, I'll try to make it universal for all locations.

Yes, I've never seen that before either.  Being an R user myself, I'd
be interested to hear your reasons for installing R from MacPorts,
which is almost guaranteed to be inferior to the official binary
distribution (and less easy to install).

I haven't tried MacPort's R myself, but I suspect that it's just a
slightly adapted Unix build, whereas the R Core Team puts a lot of
effort into compiling R for Mac OS X with the right tools and settings
to get optimal performance and reliable operation on all current OS X
platforms.

Just curious,
Stefan