[TxMt] Re: TM2 in the Vaporware Awards

Wed Jan 6 04:24:19 UTC 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Rick Gigger wrote:

> I'm sure if Eclipse is your thing then it has probably always been superior to TextMate.  I loathe Eclipse and find it to be a huge bloated mess.

Eclipse. Yeesh.

Just because it runs on your platform doesn’t mean it’s suitable for daily use. In fact, I’ve never seen anything written in Java that is. Slow, ugly, and doesn’t integrate well with the rest of the system at all (and I don’t just mean OS X).

I thought the “surpassed” comment was odd, too. That’s news to me.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>