[TxMt] Re: Up to date comprehensive instructions for Flex SDK + TextMate

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Sun Feb 28 20:52:16 UTC 2010

> I noticed that when I tried to compile in TextMate after installing FB4 it would load the flex-config.xml from the newly installed
> FB4 instead of my original location.

I've not installed Flash Builder 4 so don't know what it gets up to. From what you've described I can only think that it's been quietly adding the compiler tools to your PATH. Can you open a terminal and enter:

echo $PATH

and let me know what you see. Knowing version of the bundle you're using would also help.

> Does anyone have an up-to-date comprehensive setup for using the Flex SDK with TextMate? Everything I found on the web
> via searches are two to three years old. I believe that I have everything in order but still can't compile.

I don't have a tutorial, but the bundle help doc should suffice - Bundles > ActionScript 3 > Help.

Cheers,
Simon