[TxMt] Re: Upgrading Ruby Bundle to use Ruby1.9

Conrad Taylor conradwt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 06:43:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Josh Cheek <josh.cheek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I used macports to install ruby 1.9 (because my rubygems fell off the
> map when I installed fxruby >.<)
>
> $which ruby1.9
> /opt/local/bin/ruby1.9
>
> $which gem1.9
> /opt/local/bin/gem1.9
>
> But I'm pretty sure my Ruby bundle is still using 1.8, Is there a
> relatively pain-free way to switch it over?

Hi, it's not clear as to why you switched to Ruby 1.9.  In any case, do you
plan to make it your primary Ruby
version?  If this is the case, I would recommend one of the following

a)  Install Ruby 1.9 via MacPorts using the following:

     sudo port install ruby19 +c_api_docs +nosuffix

b)  Install Ruby 1.9 via Ruby Version Manager

     1)  install RVM

          mkdir -p ~/.rvm/src/ && cd ~/.rvm/src && rm -rf ./rvm/ && git
clone git://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm.git && cd rvm && ./install

2) install Ruby 1.9

rvm install 1.9.1

For more information about RVM, I would recommend referencing the following
website:

http://rvm.beginrescueend.com

Good luck,

-Conrad