[TxMt] Re: Switching Git Branches and TextMate

Tue Feb 2 18:07:21 UTC 2010

On 26 Jan 2010, at 00:55, Luis Gomez wrote:

> [...]
> Now, I realize this is too specific for TM to have natively but it
> would be
> nice nonetheless. I wonder if a plugin could do this? Maybe by using
> git
> branch identifiers as keys to layout specifications that can be saved
> elsewhere as plugin data.

I think this would be too complex to do with a plug-in (even with the
use of class dump).

We are however moving to more open “session info” (with stashability),
problem is that document specific data (such as caret position,
bookmarks, etc.) is stored with the file (using extended attributes),
something git strips when you switch branches.

I’ll keep your use-case in mind.