[TxMt] Re: TextMate becoming increasingly unstable

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Fri Dec 31 23:55:55 UTC 2010

On 2010-12-29 06:25:58 -0800, Steve King said:

> Hey Allan, feature request for TM2: Regex syntax highlighting in the
> search/replace dialog!

How about a search/replace engine capable of filtering 1M lines of
Apache access log.  Attempted to do that recently and TM entered a
deadlock, greater than 100% CPU usage (108-125%) and hopping from core
to core as the OS tried to work around the stuck process.  Specifically
attempted to do that with the following regex: (stripping access from
localhost)

	Search: '^::1.+$\n' (without quotes)
	Replace: '' (empty)

Searching one item at a time (pressing next) works fine and matches
exactly what I'd expect.  (And yeah, I know grep is a better solution;
it's what I used after TM locked up.)

	- Alice.