[TxMt] Re: Update python and ruby

Thu Dec 30 17:39:38 UTC 2010

On Dec 30, 2010, at 6:28 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> i would like to know if it's possible to install the latest version of ruby and python
> and to avoid problem with textmate?
>
> What is the better method to do this ?

Most (if not all) situations where TextMate uses Python and Ruby, it should respect the values of environment variables called TM_PYTHON and TM_RUBY. If you have problems after installing a newer version, you could always set these variables to point to the stock versions in `/usr/bin`. Of course, that could potentially undermine the reason you installed them in the first place, but it will keep TextMate working. I believe Ruby is the riskier of the two to mess with, FYI.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>