[TxMt] Re: CR added to Selected Find

Ed Wong scampy at me.com
Wed Dec 22 04:15:16 UTC 2010

On 2010-12-21, at 10:56 pm, Rob McBroom wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 10:46 PM, Ed Wong wrote:
>
>> Something odd has happened to Find in the latest build. When I selected a word and hit Cmd-E (Use Selection for Find) it appends a carriage return to the word. I can see this when I open the Find dialog.
>
> I'm on the latest build and use ⌘E constantly and I'm not seeing this. There's probably a command in TextMate that got that shortcut somehow. Hit ⌃⌘T, change it to “Key Equivalent” and hit ⌘E to see if anything matches.
>
> Just saw your last message, which makes it even stranger, but the above might still be worth a try. What if you select the word with (my favorite) ⌃W?

Checked ⌃⌘T and no match for ⌘E. ^W works fine - doesn't append CR when I ⌘E.

I'm now finding that this problem doesn't consistently show up. Sometimes it works as expectedly and sometimes it appends the CR.

I wonder if it has something to do with "Disable Refresh on Regaining Focus". I don't often have that checked but it's the only thing I have that's different from my normal TextMate usage.

Thanks on the ^W info. I'll use that when this happens in the future.

Ed