[TxMt] Re: Language Grammar Problem

AndreBerg andre.berg at email.de
Tue Dec 21 11:54:09 UTC 2010

On 21 Dec 2010, at 10:46, AllanOdgaard-4 wrote:

> Indeed — it is not possible to handle a line when how it should be parsed
> is determined on a later line in that file.

Thank you for clarifying that further.
>From the many tests (and the help) such a picture already emerged but it's
good to have additional confirmation.

> Are you asking about: { begin = '<(.*?)>'; end = '</\1>'; } style rules?

Exactly. I assume this is from the HTML bundle.
I hadn't thought of looking there (though I did consult other bundles of
course).
This already answers my question.

> No, you would need to make a fallback/complement rule.

I see. My initial goal was to split everything up at the top level in meta
sections and then apply inline rules to everything that isnt meta.heading or
meta.doctitle but you pretty much confirmed above this is impossible at the
moment.
The reStructuredText syntax is just to ambigious w.r.t. headings and so on
if you look at single lines only.

I'll have to assume everything is body text then and style other more
unambigous constructs.

Maybe I can make a macro that uses a multiline regex in the find dialog to
jump between headings or back up all the way to the doctitle. This would
serve as a crude replacement for a missing symbol list of headings.

No need to reply if you don't want to. I'll simply try it.

In any case thank you for not being one of the tldr; people :)

André