[TxMt] Re: Bizarre window behavior

Tue Dec 21 09:58:23 UTC 2010

On 20 Dec 2010, at 16:46, Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:

> […] Manual resizing takes care of it, but its not clear why this is cropping up all of a sudden. I did not notice any of these UI issues before the last update. Was a bug introduced?

I ran all the nibs through ibtool to convert them to xibs. Since then, the printing dialog started to throw exceptions due to the auxillary view — so perhaps converting from nib → xib isn’t 100% safe.

That said, your issues have not been reported by others, so it might be a coincidence they started after the update (I can’t think of what code changes I did would affect this behaviour).

The vibrating gutter I could maybe pin on font issues (some fractional widths/rounding issues) — but disappearing left side I cannot.

I suggest you try remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.macromates.textmate.plist and see if the probems persists even with factory settings.

Also, are you using any plug-ins that affect the windows?