[TxMt] Re: web preview question

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Sun Aug 22 14:59:03 UTC 2010

>>> The fancy ?new? web preview, not the built-in boring one. :)
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by that, for all I know the features you're
>> talking about are available in the built-in web preview?
>
> OK, so they're both bundled with TextMate, but there's the one that's on the application's Window menu (which is what I meant by ?built-in?) and then there's the one that uses stuff in the support folder.

Out of curiosity, do you consider the Web Preview enabled via Application Support/Textmate to be "fancy" just because it has a different theme, or does it have some other codebase?

The reason I'm asking is that a few months ago the option to run WebMate, the WYSIWYG editor, disappeared from my "boring" Web Preview and I've been unable to conjure it back:

http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2010-July/031152.html

I'm wondering if I should be trying this other, "fancy," Web Preview? If it's as simple as downloading a Theme that reveals the "Enable live editing" link, I'll be a happy camper.

jon
Still Water--what networks need to thrive.
http://still-water.net/