[TxMt] Re: key command for jump to beginning of text, rather than beginning of line?

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Mon Aug 2 22:22:46 UTC 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Keith Solomon wrote:

 On 08-02-2010 4:53 PM, Dru Kepple wrote:
Not that I know of, but I find myself doing this: Command-Left,
Option-Right.

That's a handy trick, but it doesn't quite work for me.  When I use
Option-Right, if there's a tab at the beginning of a line (a common
occurrence in CSS and HTML), it skips to the end of the first word
instead of the beginning.  So if the line is:

<tab>color:

The caret moves to between the "r" and the colon...is there a way to
avoid this?

Well, that's interesting...I've never noticed that.  Try the same example as you mention only with two tabs at the beginning.  And that does what I said it would do.  I guess I work a lot in code files where the indentation is typically at least two-deep.

I'm thinking maybe it's possible to write a Command that matches beginning-of-line + optional whitespace, and uses the TextMate URL scheme to place the cursor at the appropriate column position.  Maybe not.  I'm sorry, I don't have a lot of time right now to investigate.

+dru