[TxMt] compatibility between textmate and snow leopard

Eric Cheng ericchengfudan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 19:15:17 UTC 2010

I've been using textmate from Tiger to Leopard and Snow Leopard, and I like
textmate so much that I can't live without it. I use textmate for writing
C/C++ and Java codes, as well as LaTeX.
But since snow leopard I've been encountering more and more problems than
before. And later I heard it's because snow leopard use Ruby 1.8.7 as
default while most textmate bundles use Ruby 1.8.2. When I use textmate on
my snow leopard Macbook Pro, a lot of bundles and scripts that used to
function pretty well now don't work. Here I have the question, can I solve
those compatibility issues by just getting the latest bundles from the svn
sites? Or that textmate 1.5.* is just not suited for Snow Leopard, the app
itself needs update to get full compatibility on Snow Leopard? If so, maybe
I'll wait for textmate 2 before I write all my projects in textmate.
Forgive my bad English, I'm a Chinese guy.
Thanks for your tips.