[TxMt] Latex2 bundle "Enter file name" prompt

Hans Taktmann hans.taktmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:43:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm just trying out -- eagerly --  Alex Ross', er, lasersox's (great
anagram work, btw ;) new Latex2 bundle, which promises (much desired,
much welcomed) speed. Now, I stumble upon a dialogue prompt titled
"pdftex" asking for "Enter file name", to "Send" or "Send EOF" (the
latter, "end of file"?!, cancels everything). I'm stymied (a word I
learned from LaTeX many years ago). What to do? what file to provide?
Of course, falling back to the Latex legacy bundle, TeXing proceeds,
while slowly, uninterrupted. Btw, I'm still on TeXLive-2008 (hell, I'm
still running 10.5, even).

Any help would be highly appreciated (I did look for, but I did not
find any clarifying documentation).

Kindly,
Hans