[TxMt] Re: opening textmate from other apps not working

Thu Sep 24 12:18:54 UTC 2009

On 24 Sep 2009, at 00:20, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> [...]
> Note the section Garbage Collection here
> http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/EditInTextMate
>
> I suspect that the root cause might well be that some apps, Safari,
> Mail... are now using GC when they didn't before, and that that is the
> case for both Leopard AND Snow Leopard.

I am only aware of Xcode which use GC and you wouldn’t see the menu
item if the app used GC.

I checked in a built version of the Edit in TextMate input manager
(with optional debug output) to the TextMate bundle.

Someone had the problem but it disappeared when he used this one or
built it himself. So people with the problem should remove the input
manager they have presently installed, checkout latest TextMate bundle
and then use the Install “Edit in TextMate”… command from that bundle.
See if that fixes it.

Or alternatively just checkout the binary directly to /Library/
InputManagers and do the proper sudo chown/chmod voodoo: http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/TextMate.tmbundle/Support/Edit%20in%20TextMate/