[TxMt] Re: TM lags when switching

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Tue Sep 22 21:47:19 UTC 2009

> From: Scott Haneda <talklists at newgeo.com>
> Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:21:08 -0700
> To: TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
> Conversation: [TxMt] Re: TM lags when switching
> Subject: [TxMt] Re: TM lags when switching
>
> I do not have project plus installed and I am not using projects.
> Anyone at all know how to solve this?  Some of the lags are pretty
> slow.  If I am working in css/html and toggle back and forth from TM
> to a browser, I may do that 1000's of times d day.
>
> I have tried the "disable refresh on gaining focus" but I am not sure
> that is relevant.  This is moving away from TM, not moving into it.
>
> Are there any tricks for speeding this up?  I am surprised that this
> is not more widely known, or is TM simply not used for a lot of web
> development?

I've not seen this; but I have seen slow-downs on gaining focus when working
on a document (or worse, a whole project) on a server.  Could be a similar
issue, though...the save process might be taking long enough to hang things
a little.

For what it's worth, I think TM is used extensively in web design.  At my
agency, all Mac-based programmers use it.  We've migrated to individualized
versioned local development, which alleviates the slow-down/refresh issue.