[TxMt] Python: Extra Output

neoethical neoethical at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:02:33 UTC 2009

Hi, I am completely new to programming and am trying textmate out based on
some reviews I've read. I'm learning python as my first language.

My question is this: I am writing basic small programs in python and when I
run the program to see if it works, even if it works properly it always
finishes the output with the last data that I enter into it.

For example, if I enter:

n = input("Please enter a whole number: ")
fact = 1
for factor in range(n, 1, -1):
    fact = fact * factor

print "The factorial of", n, "is", fact

When I run the program (with an input of '10'):

'   Please enter a whole number: The factorial of 10 is 3628800
10'

When I run the program in IDLE I don't get the extra output.

Thank you.