[TxMt] Re: How to do basic things with files and project drawer

Fabio fauzzo at email.it
Wed Sep 16 12:42:30 UTC 2009

Thanks for the help, corrections and suggestions!

> OK, then you can duplicate the HTML bundle drag command "Insert Image
> With Dimension" and rewrite it to your need. (Please have a look at
> manual chapter 11 'Drag Commands')

I will try, thanks!

>> That is what I usually do, but with the problem that Project Drawer
>> is
>> not correctly updated: the old file disappears from PD tree.
>> I have to restart TM to see it again. It is always there anyway, it
>> seems to be only a display problem of TM project drawer.
> Yes, this is known issue, but there's no need to restart TM. Simply
> activate any other app like the Finder and re-activate TM. This can be
> done automatically via AppleScript eg; or one could write a command
> which duplicates the selected file, set the focus to Finder, set focus
> to TM.

Why Macromates don't address this know issue in TM or adds a command
for that?

> NOT: CTRL + SHIFT + C! Please use SHIFT+APPLE+C instead.
> As I said TM doesn't listen to CTRL + SHIFT + C.

Ooook, I have found the problem :) thanks

> By myself I seldom click on a tab to select a file. Instead I'm using
> the short-cut APPLE+1..9 for selecting one of the nine tabs (have a
> look at Main Menu > Navigation > Go to Tab) and the title bar tells me
> the current file name I'm working on.
> And more often I'm using APPLE+T "Go to file".

hope TM version 2 will offer soon a better interface for this nice
software.

>>> If you press ??N (New File) you will see a dialog with a field
>>> called ?Location?. This will be the place you're looking for.
>>
>> correct, but like before Project Drawer tree seems buggy:
>>
>> If I create a new file with SHIFT + CMD + N, and I set location to "/
>> models" and file name to "test.html", sometimes I see the new file
>> placed at the end of the list at the same level of the project root.
>> Sometimes I will see the file twice: once inside "models" directory
>> and also at the end of the list, out of models directory.
> Hmm, never did that before - by  myself I select the folder before I
> create a new file - but I could reproduce it. I got a "ghost file" of
> the same name if I chose an other folder. weird.

Macromates? Please take a look to this too!

..and what are "untitled Group Folder" you get when hit "new folder
without selecting anything in PD ?

thanks
--
Ciao

Fabio

 Sponsor:
 Nuova Volkswagen Polo: nuovo design, comfort assoluto, pronta per un nuovo passo avanti. Scoprila adesso
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=9582&d=16-9