[TxMt] Configuring HTML Tidy

3zzy iaezzy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 07:56:05 UTC 2009

I would like to use Textmate's built-in Tidy (Ctrl+Shift+H) functionality to
indent my HTML 'without modifying anything' in the code. I write pretty neat
HTML already, I just need Tidy to indent my code with Soft-tabs.

Currently it breaks a lot of things and the formatting isn't perfect either.
Can someone please write a Tidy config for me that does this:

1 - Indents only, nothing else.

2 - I don't need certain tags to be pushed on a newline. For example:
Tidy does this:

    <li>
       # link
    </li>

Original Code (or What I need):

    <li> # link </li>

..so if I can pre-define which tags to be kept inline, that would be great.

Basically, I'd like to duplicate Dreamweaver's HTML formatting functionality
with Tidy, but the two things mentioned above are really important.

I think this is my current (default?) Tidy config:

    ${TM_TIDY:-tidy}" -f /tmp/tm_tidy_errors -iq -utf8 \
          -wrap 0 --tab-size $TM_TAB_SIZE --indent-spaces $TM_TAB_SIZE \
		--indent yes \
          ${TM_XHTML:+-asxhtml --output-xhtml yes} \
          ${TM_SELECTED_TEXT:+--show-body-only yes} \
          --enclose-text yes \
          --doctype strict \
		--wrap-php no \
          --tidy-mark no`

 I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!