[TxMt] Re: GetBundles installation problem

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Sep 11 09:41:48 UTC 2009

On 11.09.2009, at 11:15, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> PS I played a little with the permissions of /Users
> (chmod o-w) and GetBundles works fine now.
> Isn't it like magic...

Actually not :)

... Insecure world writable dir “DIR” in PATH, mode 040777 indicates
that “DIR” has write permissions set to group AND others, which is in
some sense insecure :)

The directory “Users” should set to 40755 ie owner: read/write/
execute, group: read/execute, others: read/execute by default ;)  in
other words : chmod og-w 'DIR'  should be correct.

Maybe I can tweak GetBundles in order to output a better error message
for such a case.

--Hans