[TxMt] Re: GetBundles installation problem

Piero D\\\'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 07:28:21 UTC 2009

Hans-Jörg Bibiko <bibiko at ...> writes:

> Then you should make sure that GetBundles uses the DIALOG2 inside TM
> (the latest).

Indeed, I trashed the old one and now the panel appears.

Before trying GetBundles I used svn and had everything
in /Library (not ~/Library, following the advice of Allan
himself in his blog). I wanted to switch to GetBundles,
so I trashed the entire /Library/Application Support/TextMate
and fired up GetBundles. Unfortunately it stalls forever,
claiming to be connecting to the server. If I create an
empty /Library/Application Support/TextMate folder,
same result. If I reinstate at the same place the original
stuff, finally GetBundles works as intended; but then
when I try to update a bundle, it says I should use svn
instead. So I do not know how to switch to GetBundles
completely. How does GetBundles keep track of the
fact that svn was used? leftover invisible files? or
mind-reading.

Btw, to make this useful to someone else, what are the
proper places to put the bundles now?

Thank you again,
Piero