[TxMt] Re: Mass editing Snippets

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Thu Sep 10 15:38:21 UTC 2009

> From: Ibrahim Ezzy <iaezzy at gmail.com>
> I can change the scope from just 'text/html'
> to 'text..html, source.php' but editing hundreds of snippets would take
> time.
>
> Is there a shortcut method to achieve this?

Not that I know of, but you can try this:

Open the ZenCoding.tmbundle as a TextMate project (probably easiest to use
Terminal to "mate path/to/bundle/"), or even just your Snippets subfolder of
the tmbundle, and do a Find in Project for something like...

    <key>scope</key>
    <string>some.scope</string>

And replace it with your desired scope.

I have not tried this, but it may be what you're after.  You'll probably
need to reload your bundles, or even restart TextMate, after you do this.

I'd also make a backup of your bundle before proceeding...now that I'm
thinking about it...it would be easy to really screw things up!

Food for thought...hope it helps, and hope it works!'

Dru