[TxMt] Problem running a simple Python script containing call to raw_input()

Steve Copley copley.steve at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 19:21:29 UTC 2009

Hello

I'm a bit stumped...

I have a simple Python script containing a call to raw_input(). When I run
the script with Cmd-R, the 'Running' window pops open, the script runs, but
upon reaching the raw_input() call I'm not prompted for any user input.
Instead the window displays an error:

EOFError: 'EOF when reading a line'

Running the script via the terminal works as expected: the script pauses for
my input, then continues.

Any ideas? I've googled about and only found one other reference to this
error (on this very forum) but the issue was resolved with an update to
TextMate.

TextMate is up to date (1.5.9)
Python Bundle is up to date (r11739)

Thanks in advance