[TxMt] Re: Pycheckmate.py throws IndexError in Python bundle

Wed Sep 2 16:13:16 UTC 2009

On 21 Aug 2009, at 17:13, Jay Soffian wrote:

> > wrote:
>> On 18 Aug 2009, at 21:46, J W-d wrote:
>>
>>> [...] Line 26 reads:
>>>     __version__ = "$Revision$"
>>>>
>>> When it should read:
>>>     __version__ = "$Revision 11734 $"
>>
>> The revision is put into that line by svn if you cat/export/checkout
>> the file.
>>
>> I see however that the git mirror does not have this revision, so I
>> am
>> assuming you updated the bundle from git (maybe via GetBundles).
>> We’ll need to address that (I didn’t know about it until now).
>>
>>> [...]
>>> Though I must say... What's the use of the revision, exactly??  It
>>> seems
>>> that it has only served to break the script and not much else. :)
>>
>> The idea with the revision is that when a user reports that “I used
>> ⌃⇧V and it gives me this error” we can ask the user what
>> revision
>> of the script he has, so we can see if it has since been fixed :)
>
> Ugh, I can fix this, but:
>
> a) I need to pull up your message on how write access to the bundles
> work, since it's been a while since I touched anything (or I may just
> send a patch to the list...)

Write bundles(at)textmate dot org for stuff related to svn access.

> b) I'm not sure what the best alternative is for the svn tag, it may
> just be burning a revision into the source file on checkin and
> remembering to update it manually on each commit. :-(

I am not sure what a good fix is either, and this command is not the
only one which use svn keywords. I sort of feel this should be fixed
in the “script” that does the git mirroring, so if I were you,
I’d leave it up to me to find a more universal fix for this problem.