[TxMt] “Go to Last Edit” – plug-in

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Oct 29 11:16:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just uploaded an enhanced version of the new “Go to Last Edit”
TextMate plug-in:

The TMGoToLastEdit plug-in installs a new menu item “Go to Last Edit
⌥⌘J” at the bottom of TextMate's Navigation sub-menu. By using a
Undo/Redo or Redo/Undo approach (which will be detected automatically)
on the current document this command will place the caret to the last
edit position.

• Download [12kb]:
http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/TMGoToLastEdit.tmplugin.zip

To install this plug-in simply download it, decompress it, and double-
click at it.

This command is available if at least one Undo or Redo step can be
executed. It works in TextMate's documents, in the Bundle Editor, and
in all text input fields.

If an Undo operation ends up in displaying a selection the caret will
be located at the beginning of the selection if the command was
performed in a TextMate document otherwise at the end of a selection
due to internal technical factors.

The command listens to the default key-binding ⌥⌘J. If you want to
change that key-binding and/or the menu item title you can open the
NIB file “GoToLastEditMenuItem.nib” with the “Interface
Builder” (part of the Developer Kit). This NIB file is located inside
of the plug-in (Show Package Contents in Finder):
→ Resources → English.lproj → GoToLastEditMenuItem.nib.

If any issues arise please let them me know.

Cheers,
--Hans