[TxMt] Re: "Go to last edit" keyboard shortcut

King, Steven sking at arbor.net
Wed Oct 28 13:28:51 UTC 2009

From: Allan Odgaard
> I am aware of the requests for an "last edit stack", I am still
> undecided about whether or not to do one, [...]

A feature that I really loved in CodeWright (for Windows, now sadly
discontinued) was that cursor movements would be placed in the undo stack
along with edits. Move the cursor, and it was a simple undo operation to
return to where you were. It also had a feature to compress multiple
movements into a single undo item, so if you use the arrows to go up 10 lines
it's a single undo to return to your last edit point.

CodeWright would also combine a continuous series of edits into a single undo
item, so you didn't have to hold the undo key for a long time to get rid of
your entire last change character by character.