[TxMt] Re: LaTeX completion

Guido Governatori gvdgdo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 22:56:56 UTC 2009

On 27/10/2009, at 8:32 AM, Alex Ross wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2009, at 4:19 AM, THIL Stéphane wrote:
>

>> Le 26 oct. 09 à 02:23, Alex Ross a écrit :
>>
>>> I'm not sure about why anyone uses the ╲watch document╡
>>> command?
>>> It just does a new build every time you save right?  But ③R
>>> does a
>>> save before it builds.  If you want a rebuild to be triggered when
>>> you
>>> save, just rebind Typeset & View to ③S.
>>
>> Well,
>>
>> - it is faster than command-R (I guess it only compiles the changed
>> parts)
>
> I think the speed differences are due solely to the fact that the ⌘R
> in the LaTeX bundle is really slow.  The command in my LaTeX2 bundle
> is much faster.

Indeed the compilation from LaTeX2 is faster, but compilation from
watch seems to be faster than LaTeX2.

>> - I find it quite convenient to keep a continuous workflow (it runs
>> and updates in the background), especially when working with two
>> screens
>
> It seems to me that if ⌘S triggered a background build directly,
> then
> you wouldn't miss the “watch document” command at all?

I think "watch document" is useful when one is editing (formatting) a
document, but when one is drafting/writing compiling is not so useful.
In my workflow I tend to save quite often, but in many cases I don't
care (and don't want) to compile the document, often the document
would not compile correctly.

Guido