[TxMt] Re: LaTeX completion

Alex Ross j at lasersox.net
Mon Oct 26 01:23:58 UTC 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 17 oct. 2009 à 15:05, Guido Governatori a écrit :
>>
>> The smart typic pair is disabled in math mode. If you enable it again
>> you get

This is sort of a bug (actually a bad design decision) that is on the
list of things to fix.

>> \( \))
>>
>> when you use the complete  feature.
>

>> I have tried the LaTeX 2 bundle and the complete feature. But is
>> seems
>> it does not work for  environments.
>>
>> \b
>>
>> completes to
>>
>> \begin{}
>>
>> but then when I insert e or i  they do not complete.
>
> you can complete with ⎋ , \begin{e  then ⎋ }

The autocomplete command is depending on some patches I made to the
Dialog2.tmplugin so it probably won't work properly until we get a new
build of textmate.  You could also checkout Dialog2.tmplugin and build
it on your machine.

>> By the way, I had a document, spilt in several files, where watch
>> document did not work after I have installed the LaTeX 2 bundle. It
>> worked with the standard LaTeX bundle.

I'm not sure about why anyone uses the “watch document” command?
It just does a new build every time you save right?  But ⌘R does a
save before it builds.  If you want a rebuild to be triggered when you
save, just rebind Typeset & View to ⌘S.

> I think you need to compile from the file master actually with laTeX 2
> Perhaps, LaTeX 2 don't know what to do with
>
>  %!TEX root =
>
> but I think Alex can change this

I am planning a little more flexible project master system.  I don't
think it's very convenient setting %!TEX root = in _every_ file that
is below the master.  Already, you can set TM_PROJECT_MASTER=relative/
path/to/project_master.tex as a project env variable or in TextMate's
preferences to set the master file.  This is for the whole project
though.  I'd like to (optionally) have separate master files for each
directory (so you can setup a special master for your tikz files and
so on).  Also, it would be great to have a per-language master files.
So you can set TM_LATEX_MASTER and TM_RUBY_MASTER, and you'll have a
different project master in latex files than in ruby files.

—Alex