[TxMt] Re: Python/IPython support

unussum at gmail.com unussum at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:18:53 UTC 2009

I made the mistake of setting an alias for bc, which I was not aware
was the name of an existing unix tool (That's what I get for not
capitalizing my personal aliases, I guess).

# ~/.profile
alias bc="echo ~/some/path"
alias cdbc="cd $(bc)"

Interestingly, if just an alias for bc is set, it still seems to work
fine (is there some reason its use in TextMate would override the
alias?). But as soon as $(bc) is utilized later in the file (in this
case by my cdbc alias) various things become very weird under TextMate.