[TxMt] Preview as .tex pdf-viewer: Always jumps back to first page.

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Sun Oct 18 07:57:28 UTC 2009

Dear Textmate-Users,

I tried to use "Preview" (5.0 (501)) as pdf viewer when creating LaTeX
documents with textmate 1.5.8 (1505) on Mac OS X 10.6.1. I set the
"LaTeX Preferences" in textmate accordingly (you can choose Preview
there). I also set TM_LATEX_VIEWER to Preview in the textmate
Preferences. I used to work with Skim that way and everything was
fine. Now I was wondering if that's also the case with Preview. And it
partially is. It updates the document perfectly, however, it jumps
back to the first page of the document - which is annoying. In Preview
you can also set "Start on the last viewed page" (see Preferences ->
PDF), however, this does not solve the problem. Is Preview not
supported? I get the following message on compiling .tex documents
with Preview as pdf viewer:
"check_open: Application appears not to understand request pdfsync is
not supported for this viewer"
If Preview is not supported, why is it a valid option in the LaTeX
Preferences in textmate?
Skim works perfectly, so there is an option. I am just curious what
might be the problem with Preview.

Many thanks,

Marius