[TxMt] Re: LaTeX completion

Guido Governatori gvdgdo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 13:05:12 UTC 2009

On 17/10/2009, at 6:22 PM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> On a related note: I have both the LaTeX and the
> LaTeX 2 bundles installed (I guess this means I
> installed your newer version side by side with the
> official one).
>
> When LaTeX 2 is active, pressing a left paren  (
> inserts the matching open-close () as expected,
> but NOT when in mathematical mode. In math
> mode, only a left paren is inserted.
>
> If I filter out LaTeX 2 and leave only LaTeX.tmbundle
> active, the standard () is inserted also when
> in math mode.
>
> Is this a feature or a bug?

The smart typic pair is disabled in math mode. If you enable it again
you get

\( \))

when you use the complete  feature.

I have tried the LaTeX 2 bundle and the complete feature. But is seems
it does not work for  environments.

\b

completes to

\begin{}

but then when I insert e or i  they do not complete.

By the way, I had a document, spilt in several files, where watch
document did not work after I have installed the LaTeX 2 bundle. It
worked with the standard LaTeX bundle.

All the best

Guido
--