[TxMt] Remove headers and footers on "Save as pdf..."

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Tue Oct 13 09:09:31 UTC 2009

Dear textmate experts,

I often print textfiles created with textmate to a pdf. As I work on
Mac OS 10.6.1, I use "command+P" to open the print dialog. From there
I can choose the left-most button ("PDF") and then "Save as pdf...".
Now I realized that not only the text file is printed, but also
headers and footers. They can actually be adjusted/removed manually
from the print dialog (click the little arrow-button right in the
first line right next to "Printer"). However, I cannot remove the
horizontal lines that still separate the (empty) header and (empty)
footer from the text. Is there any way to remove these lines as well,
in order to simply have the txt-file printed to pdf?
If I use the textedit.app, I can simply choose "Print header and
footer", so leaving this option blank simply prints the text. Since
this feature is possible with textedit, I assume the problem comes
from textmate, that's why I post it here.

Many thanks,

Marius