[TxMt] Bone headed feature request -- depth check before opening

brad tittle brad.tittle at trainnow.net
Thu Oct 8 16:42:11 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am a click happy person for some reason. I am trying to fix this. I see my
bartender 3 times a week trying to fix my double click propensities. It
hasn't worked yet, but I have hope.

If I double click in column view on the file open dialog it opens the folder
in textMate. I know better, I do, but in detail view or icon view, I have to
double click in order to go to the next level. When you doubleclick on the
root directory of the 100 Gb partition (how in the hell it is that I can
fill up 100Gb of disk is something I don't want to reveal to my bartender /
shrink).

It occurs to me that one could stick a check on the front of the open
routine. Run du on the folder and alert the user to his impending doom if he
proceeds.

This feature is strictly for boneheads like me who can't seem to get their
double clicks under control.

Part of me doesn't want it to be implemented, because the best way to train
me to not do this is to have the negative feedback of my textMate locking
up, but I also feel obliged to at least suggest it.

--
Brad Tittle
Tech Support