[TxMt] Re: GetBundles

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Oct 8 15:18:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just committed an improved version of GetBundles to display
information of bundles hosted on github. It's much more faster and now
all information for bundle names containing a '.' are retrieved.

Back to the original problem, why my bundle won't be listed in
GetBundles.

Well, I've just played with github search API again. It turns out that
a search query for eg 'tmbundle' does not returns all projects, esp.
if a project is forked. But if I do search for repositories of a
specific owner then I get them all.

Fine, how to deal with it?

I've just implemented an interim solution. In addition the
textmate.org bundle server script looks for a list of predefined user
accounts on github.com. So far I added to the predefined user list
'adamv' and 'fletcher'. If you now open GetBundles you'll find the
missing bundles (hopefully all of them). In other words if someone
hosts a tmbundle which does not come up with GetBundles should inform
me (or Allan - but I guess he's busy) to add her/him to that list. I
know this is not a clean solution ( - that's why I write 'interim' - )
but it works for now.

My dream for github's search API would be to have the chance to write
a query à la:

give me all (not page by page) repositories whose project names end on
'tmbundle' or '.bundle' regardless if the repository is forked or not.

I'll continue my search for a better solution. If someone of you all
comes up with a better approach I'd be appreciated if you let it me
know :)

Cheers,

--Hans