[TxMt] Re: 403 Error on update

Sun Oct 4 10:38:46 UTC 2009

On 28 Sep 2009, at 16:34, Anthony Underwood wrote:

> Textmate fails to check for updates with this message in the console
>
> TextMate	Error checking for new version: The requested URL returned
> error: 403
>
> I am running snow leopard and am behind a firewall that requires a
> proxy.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

In TextMate, open a new document and enter: proxy_config

Then press ⌃R to execute that line and give me the result.

Furthermore, is this an authenticating proxy?

FYI ideally TM should handle this automatically, but it doesn’t, and
non-transparent proxies is not something I have any experience with
(and they scare me ;) ) — but let’s see if we can’t find a fix :)