[TxMt] Re: 1589 : Problem with skim and preview

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 25 06:52:05 UTC 2009

* Alain Matthes (alain.matthes at mac.com) wrote:

  |>  Le 25 nov. 2009 à 04:17, Gildas Hamel a écrit :
  |>  > After installing Latex 2 bundle, I also experience the stall with
  |>  > Skim for Latex 2, and with Texshop when I go back to using the official
  |>  > Textmate latex bundle (for which I use Texshop as previewer).
  |>  > I have to force quit either. If either Texshop or Skim are open
  |>  > before Command-R, no problem.
  |>
  |>  Hi
  |>
  |>  No Problem here if Texshop or Preview or Skim are open before Command-R
  |>   and the Latex Official.
  |>
  |>  Worse problem : imposible now to open Texshop or Preview or Skim from the Dock
  |>
  |>  Texshop or Preview or Skim
  |>
  |>  The problem is not only with Skim but with Preview with TexShop ( why
  |>   Adobe Reader is not in the list ?)
  |>
  |>  I re-install the new version after cleaning (without LateX2, without plug-ins)
  |>
  |>   and the problem is here with Skim and others.
  |>
  |>  The only possibility is to work with the TextMate's viewer.
  |>
  |>  Best regards
  |>
  |>  Alain

I did a safe reboot of my macbook pro (holding the shift key while restarting), logged in, and restarted the machine normally, once more. Everything works fine  now, with both official Latex and Latex 2 installed, meaning: when I typeset a file, I'm given the choice between Latex 1 and 2, whatever choice I make will open the proper viewer (TexShop for Latex 1, and Skim obviously for 2), no stalling. Bonne chance à vous.
--Gildas (on Textmate 1589 and OS 10.6.2)