[TxMt] Re: Autocomplete word

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Tue Nov 24 15:56:54 UTC 2009

Le 24 nov. 2009 à 13:19, Allan Odgaard a écrit :

hi,

> Later Apple implemented ‘complete:’ for their text views (with a
> different behavior) and bound ‘complete:’ to F5.
>
> We could remove the default binding on ‘escape’

No !!  sorry but my english language is very poor and it's difficult for me
 to find the good words!

I'm very happy with the solution of Hans. "Escape" is very fine and
 I use "escape" when I want to (re)use something.
Alt Esc is also very fine for LaTeX( I'm only frustrating with the little
 bug (fileExt = ""))
But F5 adds something different and F5 is used in a lot of Apple's softs

> and then also remove
> the default bindings of F5 — but I haven’t felt compelled to do that,
> as a lot of users would then have to learn new keys for (presumed)
> often used functionality (including me, and I find F5 quite awkward
> for completion as I can’t hit it w/o looking at the keyboard).

Yes I understand this  from a developer but you can use TextMate to write
 other things and not only code.

The only request is to keep a place for F5 and perhaps to find a solution
 without  TMTools plug-ins but with "esc" and "alt esc"

Best regards

Alain Matthes