[TxMt] Re: svn commit hangs

Tue Nov 24 13:52:29 UTC 2009

On 24 Nov 2009, at 14:34, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> I have a project which needs 1.9, and I use rvm to manage multiple
> ruby implementations,  If I start mate from the shell I need to make
> sure that I'm using the default ruby at launch or bad things happen
> like ctrl-shift-v to do a syntax check on a ruby file hangs textmate.

We do what we can to ensure our commands work with most builds of
ruby, but e.g. this Snow Leopard issue is really out of our hands to
fix — though that should not affect ⌃⇧V which I believe should
work with 1.9.

That said, if you set PATH in TextMate’s shell variables preferences
you won’t have to worry about the PATH active when you use
‘mate’ (starting with r1589 we ensure TM has the default PATH set
there by default, so if you upgraded, it actually should “just
work” now).

> And the flipside is that this means that I can't use things like the
> rspec bundle to run tests inside textmate for 1.9 dependent code.

You can additionally set PATH / TM_RUBY to your 1.9 version as a
project specific variable for your project which require 1.9 —
probably best to set TM_RUBY rather than PATH, adn ⌘R + ⌃⇧V will
use that, but most other things in TM will be unaffected. Not sure if
the RSpec bundle honers TM_RUBY, if not, it could probably be made to
do that.