[TxMt] Re: R.tmbundle and R.2.10 help

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sat Nov 21 12:31:46 UTC 2009

On 21.11.2009, at 12:33, Daniel Stegmueller wrote:

> Discard my last problem report. Logging out and in made it disappear...

Two things:

1)
I forgot to mention that one has to rebuild the help index "R > Documentation > Create Command Help Index", which should be done automatically, but if you did a svn update without Reload Bundles the index won't be recreated.

2)
Since there are no HTML/tex file stored on the hard disk I have to use "help.search('A_TERM')". Here one can discuss whether it would be nice to do it via fuzzy matching (agrep) which is the default, or not, or with the max distance of 1. I'll try to find a compromise.
On the other hand I found it quite useful to have the chance to search in the entire help text, e.g. I'm looking for an example but I cannot remember the function name, but I can remember a line in the example. The only way would be to generate ALL HTML page and store them on the disk (>=13MB). I wrote such a routine but I do not know whether this would be helpful for other users as well.

Cheers,
--Hans