[TxMt] Re: question RE commit access to bundles repository

Alex Ross j at lasersox.net
Tue Nov 17 20:08:17 UTC 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Phil Schumm wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Alex Ross wrote:
>> Nowadays all bundle development is rapidly transferring to http://github.com
>> .  Just make yourself an account there and make a “scala.tmbundle”
>> repository.
>

> Alex,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I must confess that, although I do have a
> GitHub account (so that I can monitor a couple of projects I'm
> interested in), I'm one of those dinosaurs who still uses Subversion
> exclusively.  This may be the kick-in-the-butt I need to learn a bit
> more about Git.
>
> One more question, if I might: With this new model, how would a
> TextMate user browse all of the bundles to see what's available (i.e.,
> what would be the equivalent on github of browsing http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/)?

Very shortly there is going to be a mechanism to address this. At the very least there is going to be a command line tool that lets you list, install, and remove bundles.  You'll be able to get your bundle listed in this tool.  Actually… you should be able to continue using subversion for development, as long as you can find someplace to host your bundle. You could use googlecode or sourceforge…