[TxMt] Xcode template: general TextMate plugin

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Nov 4 21:01:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

while writing the GoToLastEdit plug-in I thought about to have a Xcode
template which set up a general TextMate plug-in.

Attached is such a template.

To install it simply download it, decompress it, and copy it e.g. into:

/Developer/Library/Xcode/Project Templates/Application Plug-in

Then launch Xcode, choose "New Project" > Category "Application Plug-
in", and enter an unique and adequate name.

You can then simply build it and restart TextMate. Hopefully you will
find a new menu item "ExamplePluginMenuItem" in TM's Window submenu.
If you invoke it, the plugin will reload all bundles, add a bookmark
to line 1, and show an alert with some information.

The template creates a basic skeletal structure based of the chosen
project name with a NIB containing the menu item definition. In
addition you will find in the header file a number of TextMate methods
which could be useful as dummy declarations to avoid compiler
warnings. After the build process the plug-in will be copied into ~/
Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns.

Please note that this template will only work with TextMate 1.x, and
it's set up as 32bit universal against SDK 10.5.

I tested it on some Macs, but only for 10.6. In other words feedback
in welcome as usual :)

If it turns out that this template is useful and works I'll upload it to
http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate

If someone has further ideas how to enhance the template I'd be
appreciated to get any suggestions.

Hopefully have fun.

Best,

--Hans