[TxMt] Re: Keyboard shortcut to set file type

Tue May 26 20:30:59 UTC 2009

On 2009-May-26, at 3:10 PM, Guoliang Cao wrote:

> I've been using TextMate for almost a year now and like it very much.
> I'm trying to stay off my mouse and here is one task I think I
> should be
> able to do without using mouse. From time to time, I copy some code
> to a
> new editor window and run. What is the keyboard shortcut to invoke the
> file type dropdown in the bottom of the editor?

It's set per-language, so in theory, it could be anything, but the
standard convention is to use ⌃⌥⇧+[first letter of the name]. So
HTML for instance is ⌃⌥⇧H. If there are multiple matches (which
there usually are), you'll be given a menu to pick from.

This doesn't technically open the menu at the bottom of the window
like you asked, but I think it's what you're looking for.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>